Webasto Thermotop C

oggie

Featured Posts

Wonder if you can help with this. My boat has this central heating system (Webasto Thermotop C) and I was told when I took delivery of it that if I was to close the supply and return valves to the radiators it would heat the domestic water instead. I did try once and left it running for about an hour and to be honest I couldn't feel any difference to the water temperature. Did I do something wrong or does it take so long to heat the tank that 1 hour was not enough. My reason being that when we are on the boat in the marina I have to start and run the engine for at least an hour to get hot water. My other option would be to fit an immersion heater to run off the hook up whilst in the marina, any advice as to where to get the bits for such a project.

Also is there a water temperature control on this unit or is it factory set?

I read with interest Chris C's service guide and this has been duly printed off and filed.

Regards

Bob

Shouldn't be any other controls to touch. Shut off all the rad valves, switch the Webasto on and wait for 10 minutes or so then put your hands on the inlet pipes to the calorifier. There should be 2 pairs, one circuit from the engine and one from the Webasto. The other pipes should be cold water in, hot out and pressure reflief.

I have a Webasto ThemoTop C and it heats 3 radiators and a 60 litre calorifier of hot water with no problem; The C is a 5KW unit. Even with the radiators fully on, the water is more than hand hot after about 45 mins. Obviously less time if you do switch off the rads.

Chris