Ex Bw formerly FMC Python

boatboss

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I've just joined this forum and would like to know if anyone has or knows where I can get some pictures of NB Python. I belong to The Chesterfield Canal Trust who are thinking of leasing this boat from BW with the intention of bringing it back to its former glory. We are going to visit Python at Adelaide Wet Dock later this month

Hi all,

I've just joined this forum and would like to know if anyone has or knows where I can get some pictures of NB Python. I belong to The Chesterfield Canal Trust who are thinking of leasing this boat from BW with the intention of bringing it back to its former glory. We are going to visit Python at Adelaide Wet Dock later this month

There's a picture here.

Howver to bring the boat back to it's "former glory" including replacement cabin, traditional engine installation, re-lengthening and running gear would I would think cost upwards of £50,000 if done properly.

Paul H

Hi all,

Hello and welcome!

Have you any news of progress on the Cuckoo Boat?

There's a picture here.

Howver to bring the boat back to it's "former glory" including replacement cabin, traditional engine installation, re-lengthening and running gear would I would think cost upwards of £50,000 if done properly.

Paul H

Thanks I have got that picture, when I say former glory I mean as near as possible it will keep its existing engine a Lister HA2 and its cabin but we will need to refit that we are intending to paint in its red and green FMC colours the same as its sister ship Panther and hope to take it to Historic Boat Shows in the future. We still may have to spend around £30,000 which will come from varios sources I will try and keep you updated with all that is happening to her.

Initially the Coventry Canal Society are going to bring her to The Stoke Bruerne Gathering in June to be paired with their own Panther then onto Braunston and we hope to take it off them in early July.

Pete (boatboss)

Hello and welcome!

Have you any news of progress on the Cuckoo Boat?

Hi I've just spoken to John Lower who is leader of Cuckoo Boat Project and he tells me he is approaching The Retford and Worksop Boat Club at Clayworth

asking them if they can build it there I'll let you know as I find things out

Pete

Hi I've just spoken to John Lower who is leader of Cuckoo Boat Project and he tells me he is approaching The Retford and Worksop Boat Club at Clayworth

asking them if they can build it there I'll let you know as I find things out

Pete

That's great! Keep us posted!