Medway Escapade

Andy Beckl

Featured Posts

Hi

A new job in Kent means I'm wondering about moving a Narrowboat onto the Medway via the tidal Thames. Internet searches indicate that it can be done - with caution - but the Thames authority advise that a buddy boat is a good idea. Anyone either done it solo or fancy getting together a group of boats?

Grateful for any advice/opinion/ bigotry as ever

Ta

Andy

Hi

A new job in Kent means I'm wondering about moving a Narrowboat onto the Medway via the tidal Thames. Internet searches indicate that it can be done - with caution - but the Thames authority advise that a buddy boat is a good idea. Anyone either done it solo or fancy getting together a group of boats?

Grateful for any advice/opinion/ bigotry as ever

Ta

Andy

Link to useful guide:

http://www.stpancrascc.co.uk/thames-cruising-guide.html

Tim

Fabulous guide, Tim, thanks.

Looks a bit daunting for someone who finds the Severn scary!

I think if I am to do it I should look to join a flotilla - do you / does anyone know if these are a regular thing? The St Pancras site implies thay might be.

Andy

Fabulous guide, Tim, thanks.

Looks a bit daunting for someone who finds the Severn scary!

I think if I am to do it I should look to join a flotilla - do you / does anyone know if these are a regular thing? The St Pancras site implies thay might be.

Andy

I would always go on the tidal Thames with another boat. At least if you do have a problem you can get a tow rather then dropping an anchor.