5mm Aluminium Checkerplate

gralyn

Featured Posts

Has anyone any ideas on where I can get a sheet of aluminium checkerplate 5mm thick 1225 mm long and 710mm wide. I am getting fed up of lifting the steel plate of the same size to my engine space and weed hatch. I have tried the sheet metal suppliers in Goyte Mill Marple and there my choice seems to dry up. Trying to Google Sheet metal suppliers give me a headache so I thought that I would try the forum. Greater Manchester area preferred but I am willing to travel to a definite supplier. :lol:

Edited to correct spelling

Edited by gralyn

Has anyone any ideas on where I can get a sheet of aluminium checkerplate 5mm thick 1225 mm long and 710mm wide. I am getting fed up of lifting the steel plate of the same size to my engine space and weed hatch. I have tried the sheet metal suppliers in Goyte Mill Marple and there my choice seems to dry up. Trying to Google Sheet metal suppliers give me a headache so I thought that I would try the forum. Greater Manchester area preferred but I am willing to travel to a definite supplier. :lol:

Edited to correct spelling

Hello. Just a quick point, not trying to state the obvious, but a lot of people don't realise this. Aluminium & steel don't sit very well together, the ally corrodes the steel (fellow old Land Rover owners know this all too well!) so if, at the points where the steel & ally would meet, you can somehow stick another material to seperate them, it'll cut down on corrosion.

What A Quick response, this forum should get an Award for the services it provides :lol: . Thanks for the suggestions The Bredbury site is just round the corner. Thanks Kev for the reminder, I think that I will be fitting a rubber/plastic channel in the U section of the hole to cut down on vibration noise. This should prevent the dissimilar metal effect.

Metalfast,

Unit 1 Cromwell Road Trading Estate

Cromwell Road

Bredbury

Stockport

SK6 2RF

Tel. 0161 494 3636

Fax 0161 494 3649

sales@metalfast.co.uk

Now have the Checkerplate.

The supplier has now moved to Denton

On Parkway off Oldham Rd Near the Sainsburys at the junction of the M60 and M67.

Contcat details remain as given.

Thanks again all who helped. :lol: