Living on a boat in Netherlands

Dundustin

Featured Posts

Hi there

Need advice. Thinking of now buying a 40 ft motorcruiser along the lines of a Linssen. My aim is to retire at 50, buy the boat outright and live off the rental income of my apartment here in Jersey. My question will marinas in Holland/Belgium allow permanent liveaboards? I have been trawling upon page upon page on the web but cannot find any useful guidances on moorings, licences required, costs etc. My plan would be to cruise May to Oct and take up a mooring for the winter. Any guidance greatfully appreciated. Ideally I would like to correspond with someone already doing this.

Thanks

Hi there

Need advice. Thinking of now buying a 40 ft motorcruiser along the lines of a Linssen. My aim is to retire at 50, buy the boat outright and live off the rental income of my apartment here in Jersey. My question will marinas in Holland/Belgium allow permanent liveaboards? I have been trawling upon page upon page on the web but cannot find any useful guidances on moorings, licences required, costs etc. My plan would be to cruise May to Oct and take up a mooring for the winter. Any guidance greatfully appreciated. Ideally I would like to correspond with someone already doing this.

Thanks

Maybe not good manners to put it in this forum, I don't know, but for continental cruising information you would get far more useful assistance from the DBA (The Barge Association) - its site address is www.barges.org and it has various members' lists including one for continental cruising matters. It has plenty of members with vessels other than barges, and what you are planning is not at all unusual.

You can also get a good idea of licensing and other issues from our web site as below. A motor cruiser would be quite suitable for Holland and much of Belgium, where there are few locks, but if you venture for any length of time into France you might find a small barge style vessel far more suitable.

Maybe not good manners to put it in this forum, I don't know, but for continental cruising information you would get far more useful assistance from the DBA (The Barge Association) - its site address is www.barges.org and it has various members' lists including one for continental cruising matters. It has plenty of members with vessels other than barges, and what you are planning is not at all unusual.

You can also get a good idea of licensing and other issues from our web site as below. A motor cruiser would be quite suitable for Holland and much of Belgium, where there are few locks, but if you venture for any length of time into France you might find a small barge style vessel far more suitable.

Hi

I have wide beam boat with a cruiser stern. Currently in Gloucester docks but wanting to do the European waterways including Holland and Belgium, Did you take your boat over the channel or was it there in the first place. I guess what I am seeking is some advice and guidance in getting my boat over

Hi

I have wide beam boat with a cruiser stern. Currently in Gloucester docks but wanting to do the European waterways including Holland and Belgium, Did you take your boat over the channel or was it there in the first place. I guess what I am seeking is some advice and guidance in getting my boat over

Are you going the long way round?

Sue