greetings

mucky

Featured Posts

greetings to one and all, ive joined the forum as last week i bought a narrowboat.

spent a long time cleaning etc as it was in a bit of a state. still needs quite a bit of work but am moving into her this weekend and as i may well be popping in to ask questions as they come to me i thought i would introduce myself so hello :-)

oh yeah she has a 1953 perkins engine installed, would anyone know where on the engine would be a stamp etc which would tell me the model and then allow me to find a manual for it????

greetings to one and all, ive joined the forum as last week i bought a narrowboat.

spent a long time cleaning etc as it was in a bit of a state. still needs quite a bit of work but am moving into her this weekend and as i may well be popping in to ask questions as they come to me i thought i would introduce myself so hello :-)

oh yeah she has a 1953 perkins engine installed, would anyone know where on the engine would be a stamp etc which would tell me the model and then allow me to find a manual for it????

Welcome to the board, good luck with your boat but dunno about your Perkins

Greetings! I'm new here too! I hope you get a lot of joy out of your new boat. Good time to tidy it up, ready for the start of the cruising season.

My guess is your engine will be a 4108, the best thing to do is post a couple of photo's and someone will know what it is. You might get some other useful comments/observations as there are some very helpful people here with a huge amount of experience/knowledge.

Greetings! I'm new here too! I hope you get a lot of joy out of your new boat. Good time to tidy it up, ready for the start of the cruising season.

My guess is your engine will be a 4108, the best thing to do is post a couple of photo's and someone will know what it is. You might get some other useful comments/observations as there are some very helpful people here with a huge amount of experience/knowledge.

Or a D3 maybe. How many cylinders?

cheers lol

1 more thick skined than sensetive

2 all the paperwork said was 1953 perkins

3 nah why waste time looking at it when i can live on it hehehe thats what i bought it for

4 is the number of cylinders

Won't be a Perkins D3 then :lol:

Could either be a Perkins 4108, 4107 or a P4 ?

Got a Perkins 50hp engine thingy on two of our boats. Keeps the blokes happy. Well, not actually happy, more like busy. Trying to get it to run. Think ours are old and cream crackered. Overheat, eat impellors, cracked heads, expensive. Think we're going to get new ones. Hope your's is a happy Perkins as it's much more vintage than ours and our might have been a product of the the unhappy early 70's.

Still, I guess a bloke isn't happy unless making muttering noises with a greasy rag, a spanner and making tutting noises :lol:

Hope your new boat gives you much enjoyment and happy boating.

D