squirrel casserole

stickleback

Featured Posts

Or rather, a casserole on the squirrel. I made one last night, Christmas eve, on the top of the morso squirrel and it worked brilliantly. It cooked far faster than I had expected, so from now on I anticipate saving a lot of gas in the winter months. It also roasted chestnuts perfectly and warmed up sausage rolls and mince pies. I'll see if I can boil carrots and sprouts on it this evening. The joys of solid fuel!

Stickleback

yukk!

do you realise they are only rats with bushy tails? :lol: merry christmas ! :lol:

No they aren"t!!!! They are vegetarian, live above ground (loft living really) and have really good omega 3 counts (the nuts they eat I believe). And they are supposed to be delicious - if only my local butcher sold them! Not sewer living vermin like rats. I'd only eat rat in dire circumstance - rabbit,squirrel, deer etc (furred game) I love. And dormouse is supposed to be a delicacy- shame it's an endangered species!

Merry Christmas!

Stickleback

No they aren"t!!!! They are vegetarian,

Merry Christmas!

Stickleback

Sorry to dissapoint you stickleback but I am afraid they are not. They will happily eat insects, bird eggs, young birds and other small rodents.

Funny how dormice are an endangered species, but were introduced by the the Romans , but squirrels, introduced recently are pests?

Don't get me wrong here, my garden is full of grey squirrels which cause havoc with the local birdlife, but they look cute. I can't bring myself to shoot the little bastards.

Mind you, I think that must be old age, a few years ago I would have shot anything legal and eaten it, but not any more.

Funny how dormice are an endangered species, but were introduced by the the Romans , but squirrels, introduced recently are pests?

Don't get me wrong here, my garden is full of grey squirrels which cause havoc with the local birdlife, but they look cute. I can't bring myself to shoot the little bastards.

Mind you, I think that must be old age, a few years ago I would have shot anything legal and eaten it, but not any more.

I can easily bring myself to shoot them, and magpies; trouble is that new ones move into the vacant territory within a day or so. No, I would not shoot the badgers, foxes and deer that also frequent our city garden.

........ I've reconsidered my position on squirrels - they are worse than rats with bushy tails, cos the rats (so far) respect my territory and stay out of my way.

....... however my brother who lives in a cottage situated on a rocky ledge just above the high tide level in the entrance to the River Dart woke up to find a rat on his bed last week. Yes, he killed it and it was certainly not a wee moose. :lol: