ARS Hydraulic Drive

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

I installed a Hydraulic drive on Harnser supplied by ARS of Loddon in Norfolk. I have just had a letter to say the company has been bought out. I know that they supplied several hydraulic packages for canal boat using Voac pumps and motors. They are now trading from Wakefield via BSP Hydraulics Ltd. From the letter I recieved there web site and email are the same http://www.arsangliandiesels.co.uk

I always found the whole ARS setup a bit strange, nearly all the equipment we were ever supplied with was stock off the shelf hydraulic components that could be bought directly at quite a cost saving over purchasing it from ARS.

Saying that we carried on getting the stuff via ARS so maybe everyone else did too.

Edited by Gary Peacock

I always found the whole ARS setup a bit strange, nearly all the equipment we were ever supplied with was stock off the shelf hydraulic components that could be bought directly at quite a cost saving over purchasing it from ARS.

Saying that we carried on getting the stuff via ARS so maybe everyone else did too.

I must admit every time I went in there I tried to read the job cards in the rack to see who was having hydraulic drives. Their system works quite well with slow reving engines.

• 2 weeks later...
I installed a Hydraulic drive on Harnser supplied by ARS of Loddon in Norfolk. I have just had a letter to say the company has been bought out. I know that they supplied several hydraulic packages for canal boat using Voac pumps and motors. They are now trading from Wakefield via BSP Hydraulics Ltd. From the letter I recieved there web site and email are the same http://www.arsangliandiesels.co.uk

I would like to advise that ARS Anglian Diesels trades from the same premises in Wakefield as BSP Hydraulics as a independent company. All parts supplied in the past, which are still under warranty, will still carry the manufacturers warranty which ARS is authorised to carry out the necessary work. We have over 25 years experience in Volvo, Voac Pumps and Motors.

We look forward to looking working with all new, exisiting, and past customers for all their Hydraulic requirements. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any of your requirements

Garry Wilson

Sales Director

ARS Anglian Diesels

I would like to advise that ARS Anglian Diesels trades from the same premises in Wakefield as BSP Hydraulics as a independent company. All parts supplied in the past, which are still under warranty, will still carry the manufacturers warranty which ARS is authorised to carry out the necessary work. We have over 25 years experience in Volvo, Voac Pumps and Motors.

We look forward to looking working with all new, exisiting, and past customers for all their Hydraulic requirements. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any of your requirements

Garry Wilson

Sales Director

ARS Anglian Diesels

Hi Garry and welcome. Perhaps you can give your views on the costs of hydraulic drive for narrowboats. The appears to be a perception that its expensive to have hydraulic drive. I don't see why this is unless providers of such equipment for narrowboats place a heavy premium on such installations because they are uncommon. If true I cant see why since the technology has been around many years in industrial machines. I am particularly keen to have hydraulic drive in my next boat so would be interested in this topic

Charles

I don't often feel the need to post up much on here but I will say that John and Brian at ARS have been an absolute godsend to us over the last few months. John spent several hours on the phone to me this summer as we tried to sort out all the problems we had with the engine and drive as installed by our builder: that we now have everything working really well and are able to enjoy the benefits of hydraulic drive is to their credit - they are/were the experts in this field and this expertise alone was worth the extra payment over standard stock items 'off the shelf'.

Getting a hydraulic drive right is not an easy thing to do, if you are thinking of going down this route please do as much research as possible and make sure that everything is installed as advised by your supplier as getting it wrong will leave you with a system that is much poorer than a conventional shaft system.

Should John or Brian come to read this - many thanks and I hope that it was not me that drove you to selling up!

Giles.

I don't often feel the need to post up much on here but I will say that John and Brian at ARS have been an absolute godsend to us over the last few months. John spent several hours on the phone to me this summer as we tried to sort out all the problems we had with the engine and drive as installed by our builder: that we now have everything working really well and are able to enjoy the benefits of hydraulic drive is to their credit - they are/were the experts in this field and this expertise alone was worth the extra payment over standard stock items 'off the shelf'.

Getting a hydraulic drive right is not an easy thing to do, if you are thinking of going down this route please do as much research as possible and make sure that everything is installed as advised by your supplier as getting it wrong will leave you with a system that is much poorer than a conventional shaft system.

Should John or Brian come to read this - many thanks and I hope that it was not me that drove you to selling up!

Giles.

I couldn't have put it better my self. I just wish I had fitted one of their bowthrusters.

Hi Garry and welcome. Perhaps you can give your views on the costs of hydraulic drive for narrowboats. The appears to be a perception that its expensive to have hydraulic drive. I don't see why this is unless providers of such equipment for narrowboats place a heavy premium on such installations because they are uncommon. If true I cant see why since the technology has been around many years in industrial machines. I am particularly keen to have hydraulic drive in my next boat so would be interested in this topic

Charles

Despite Hydraulic boat drives being around for years, I agree, they have not been used on narrowboats as often as many designers would have liked. The perception seems to be that the systems are expensive and difficult to install. Here at ARS we aim to change that perception. In order to encourage prospective customers to choose a Hydraulic boat drive, we see little point in charging units at a premium which will only discourage them. We aim to take away the hassle of installation by offering our systems fully installed and comissioned in conjunction with the boatbuilder. We do appreciate that some customers will prefer to minimise costs by installing themselves and we would still offer to commision the system once installed. In this instance we would strongly advise that customers install as advised by the supplier.

Please contact me direct via our website (www.arsangliandiesels.co.uk) and we can discuss your needs in more detail.

Garry

ARS Anglian Diesels