A Concept Narrowboat

hydro

Featured Posts

Are you sure, I honestly cannot remember.

In this photo it appears to be at a 'normal' hight compared to the saloon floor, so would be above water level.

WHITEFIELD---00348.jpg

Hi Bottle you are right Ive mistook it for the Johnethon Willson boat with the french window type bow door I know I will have to drain it with a sump and pump but with a permanent cratch hopefully not very often, and any way at least I should be able to get in and out without bumping my head, remember this going to be an HELP the AGED boat.

Hydro

Have you seen 'Whitefield', now whether that is re-saleable.................................

There are a lot of simularity to that and Pheonix.

- Not a fan of the cratch on that, or the 'fly-by wire' stearing, but the idea of something diffrent is appealing.

- Diffrent life if you can afford £200k for a narrowboat, but if you can, then i have to say 'why not' as long as your not harming anyone els ein the process.

We saw Phonix58 on the weaver motoring about on our trip there (passed them both on the wya down, and coming back up, several days apart) glad to see it used. Does anyone know if it actually sold or for what value?

PS, stearing a narrowboat from the front, is somthing i have never seen working. Unless in open water.

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I too took the design & build it my self route, I run a fabrication company and I thought that I would make use of the new £400,000 laser & pressbrakes I had invested in, give them a purpose so to speak. I designed the boat a 68 footer on Autodesk Inventor 11- 3D modelling software. The design is a bit over the top but having carried out the structural calculations I might convert it into an aircraft carrier. I have posted a couple of pictures in my area.

Hope yours is going ok.

Peter

Sounds an interesting project, I look forward to seeing how it goes on. I'm sure there are builders out there with a "you can't do it that way" mentality, but I don't think they all have. Our shell is being built by Paul Widdowson, and he's very helpful and accommodating, and has been pretty flexible about changing his basic design to meet our needs. I see you're in Sheffield, so I'd have thought it was worth a drive out to Newark to have a look at the shell builders there. There's 4 on the same trading estate (PW, Polar, Dave Clarke and XR&D), and they're all friendly to have a chat to (I went round them and several others before settling on Paul). If they have the "you can't do it that way" mentality then you can always walk away.