Chilli Sherry

stickleback

Featured Posts

Take a bottle of decent dry sherry. Uncork, drink a glass to make some room, add a few dried chillis to the bottle (a few for mild, quite a number for hot.) Re cork and leave for a few weeks. This is brilliant to add to casseroles, stews, gravy for chicken etc - it really adds flavour.

It's also quite droll to pour out ordinary sherry for most people and give one a glass of chilli sherry - it looks the same, it smells the same, and it takes quite a few moments for the full cauterising effect to make itself known!

Stickleback

• 10 months later...
Take a bottle of decent dry sherry. Uncork, drink a glass to make some room, add a few dried chillis to the bottle (a few for mild, quite a number for hot.) Re cork and leave for a few weeks. This is brilliant to add to casseroles, stews, gravy for chicken etc - it really adds flavour.

It's also quite droll to pour out ordinary sherry for most people and give one a glass of chilli sherry - it looks the same, it smells the same, and it takes quite a few moments for the full cauterising effect to make itself known!

Stickleback

I used to work in a pub and we all did this every Christmas to have a warm drink with a bit of a kick in it. I am going to do it again this year now that I have been reminded of the idea again... cheers.

Stickleback

I'm going to give this a go!! Thanks