Another Old Photo

CanalWalker

Featured Posts

Postcard on Ebay

Anyone recognise this?

Looking at the way the flowers are planted and not naturally occurring it suggests that this is a canal basin that has not been used for a while and is now used as a public amenity .

I would suggest (though not 100% sure) that this is Bancroft Basin at the junction of the South Stratford canal and the Warwickshire River Avon - the lock being the one from the canal down to river. I do remember quite a row when the Stratford restoration was underway about the canalside gardens being spoiled.

Postcard on Ebay

Anyone recognise this?

Looking at the way the flowers are planted and not naturally occurring it suggests that this is a canal basin that has not been used for a while and is now used as a public amenity .

I would suggest (though not 100% sure) that this is Bancroft Basin at the junction of the South Stratford canal and the Warwickshire River Avon - the lock being the one from the canal down to river. I do remember quite a row when the Stratford restoration was underway about the canalside gardens being spoiled.

Your link was direct to the photograph, can you give me a clue as to how you found the item on ebay?

'old postcards' comes up with 11,000 items and despite various search words I haven't been able to find it

Cheers

It's this one:

Clicky

I searched "canal postcard" and it was on the first page of 145 results.

Edited by carlt