Mooring north from Guildford....

Dan

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone, was hoping someone may be able to help co-ordinate our holiday plans with a bit of knowledge of the area!

Our holiday is getting nearer now, and we start from Guildford. We were thinking to head north first, starting on a Monday about 14.00. On the Tuesday evening the last two of our party will be joining us until the Friday morning.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea how far north we would get with a day and a bit of cruising and if there was any nice pub, preferably riverside with a car park that they could meet us at Tuesday evening.

The plan is then to head South and try and get to Godalming etc as I have heard this is the prettiest stretch?

Any help much appreciated

All the best

Dan

Edited by Dan

If you have 4.5 days on the Wey, you will have plenty of time to get down to Weybridge and back up to Godalming - I would agree with you that the stretch above Godalming is the most pretty. I used to get to the Thames in a longish day from Guildford.

Fingers crossed on the weather as the Wey does flood terribly - there is a VERY low bridge at Shalford that can catch you out!

I agree with Baldock, I think the Anchor at Pyrford is more of a plastic palace than the great old pub that it used to be.

Have a good trip

I agree with Baldock, I think the Anchor at Pyrford is more of a plastic palace than the great old pub that it used to be.

Have a good trip

Have you been recently? The only reason I ask is that it has changed hands and is now much better, and also (because of that) much busier. Good food and they do Tanglefoot.

Have you been recently? The only reason I ask is that it has changed hands and is now much better, and also (because of that) much busier. Good food and they do Tanglefoot.

Indeed they do Stephen, BUT the New Inn has a greater selection of beers and imo much better food

As with all things what was good for us may be c**p for somebody else

The Anchor whilst being a pretty location does not offer much more than that

Indeed they do Stephen, BUT the New Inn has a greater selection of beers and imo much better food

As with all things what was good for us may be c**p for somebody else

The Anchor whilst being a pretty location does not offer much more than that

Very true, the last time I went to Send was a couple fo years ago and I thought it overpriced but good quality. As for the beer, I was driving....they did a nice lemonade from what I remember!