How to build your own website?

Featured Posts

I am willing to create a guide on makiing a simple website (as i have good experiance in designing websites and make money from them) - so the question is - does anyone want one?

Yes or no please (fairly soon) so i know if I am going to make one or not!

Cheers guys!

Sam

Step one:

Find somthing to base your website on. you'd be suppress how hard is to "just make a website" if you dont have anything to write about!

Step two:

Get hold of a copy of Macromedia's "Dreamweaver" or some other decent package. It doent have to be the latest version, but your makeing life a lot more diffcuilt if you start of be trying to use MS Puplisher or the like. (or fontpage for that matter)

Step three:

Decide roughly how big a site you thing your going to make, and how much traffic your like to get, and what web address(domain name) you woul like to have, and then optain a an appropreate Name and Site Host (the people who hold you website online 24/7) - Weather that be free with your internet conection, free elsewhere, or paid for.

Etc

LOL, only messing.

Yeah, if you want it would be good. Not for me, but for others.

- big topic to cover tho

Daniel

Edited by dhutch

Yeah sure. Check my site out www.malarchy.co.uk How am I doing so far? I'd love to get into dreamweaver, but couldn't make any sense of it.

22148[/snapback]

The site in general looks good and you have made a good start.

However I would say that before lookin into more designing type things that you should actually say what you are about on the very first page that you see - like a short description. I have looked around the site and I have seen one canal picture and various links to canal websites - Why are these on there? You should really try to keep it relevant!

(the music sounds good batherway - great idea!)

To use Dreamweaver is very simple really, however you become better at using it with experiance! - Also on another note your naigation is GOOD in the way that it is consistent but I found it quite hard when I first viewed it to see what it meant.

To show you what I mean about some of the changes I suggest and well just a my thoughts on what the site could look like I quickly slashed together the INDEX page of my version of your site:

http://www.justcanals.co.uk/malarchy/malarch.htm

I hope you find this usefull and not just me blabaring on about nothing (which is what I sometimes do)

If you would like to you can add my MSN: samlashbrooke@hotmail.com so we can talk about it further if you would like that . . !!

Sam

Edited by Sam