Single-Handling the Huddersfield Narrow (East)

Chris J W

Featured Posts

done it twice with the crew being no older than thirteen and two of them girls ,never got off once to help them as they did not need any help.

my book said the hnc is the WILD WEST of boating and it was that , the places along the canal make it worth the effort.

Chris,

Why don't you see about getting yourself up to Sowerby Bridge for Saturday, then we could have a CWDF convoy up the Rochdale? Woo hoo! Canal's Angels on Tour!

We have spare crew to give you a hand! Unless you have other plans, you really have no excuse!

Janet

Luckily it is a very local (Tameside) non-BBC station and they do not have a "Listen again" facility!

I was being asked questions about canal restoration following the official opening of the first phase of the Droylsden Marina scheme.

I'm sure it'll be availble some where .... me feels some Googling coming on tomorrow :lol:

There is an extract in the current (September) 'Canal Boat' magazine.

Tim

I read that. Nearly put me off!

done it twice with the crew being no older than thirteen and two of them girls ,never got off once to help them as they did not need any help.

my book said the hnc is the WILD WEST of boating and it was that , the places along the canal make it worth the effort.

Don't get me wrong - the PLACES are wonderful. Just that I found (especially on the East side) that the experience of getting there somewhat spoilt the journey. A shame.