IWA National Festival

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

I went on the first day, Saturday. Even at 0930 when we arrived, it was like a mud bath. Did anybody visit and the Monday and how muddy was it by then?

Had a good chat with a few suppliers - Big Fish, Adverc and Worcester Windows. All very helpful.

Keith

I went on the first day, Saturday. Even at 0930 when we arrived, it was like a mud bath. Did anybody visit and the Monday and how muddy was it by then?

Had a good chat with a few suppliers - Big Fish, Adverc and Worcester Windows. All very helpful.

Keith

It got progressively drier and less muddy as the weekend progressed. Areas that had been a problem on Saturday were dealt with using chippings or in some cases boarding and by Monday anyone seen wearing wellies looked positively overdressed!

There were still areas of soft ground but it was spongy rather than the type of thing you sink up to your ankles in.

Tim,

Great pics!

Have posted a few pictures at:

http://www.pbase.com/timlewis/autherley_hi...ts&page=all

Enjoy!

Tim

Nice pictures, Tim. We were there with our boat and enjoyed our first festival. Thai green curry for lunch was excellent.

IWAboat.jpg

This boat, I think, had a Petter PD2 in it but was unnamed. Do you know it?

Regards

Steve

Nice pictures, Tim. We were there with our boat and enjoyed our first festival. Thai green curry for lunch was excellent.

IWAboat.jpg

This boat, I think, had a Petter PD2 in it but was unnamed. Do you know it?

Regards

Steve

Looks very much like the Alton, but if so where's his 'coal/pumpout' etc sign?

Tim

Looks very much like the Alton, but if so where's his 'coal/pumpout' etc sign?

Tim

They were on the front of the boat and on the side facing the canal (78p/litr for disel BTW - we filled up from him on the Monday)

In fact the owner Brian got his niece to enrol on the signwriting course at the festival to produce a 'coal' sign - the cheek!

Tim