gaggle of geese

gaggle

Featured Posts

decided to have the gaggle of geese built while sober,but in a moment of madness.

i did have details on web site www.askalex.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk but telewest seem unable to provide a decent service so i will post what i can.work started on the build early may, progress of build pics below when i look how to load them.

www.stsboats.co.uk are the builders of gaggle,i am informed the site is not fully operational as yet so if you look dont expect more than the name.as i have said 57ft cruiser stern that will be based on a boat i seen named the mary jade,i spotted that boat at the white bear marina, lancashire leeds&liverpool main line,i will post picture on this blog if poss or in gallery.i took last pics 30/5/05 and also discussed window layout, fitout=how far ,much do i want sts to go with fitout.i want the boat on the canal for six week school holiday if possible,so for now i have said gimme a kitchen and bathroom -toilet and we will see what happens.i dont want to act the goat fitting out really so if possible leave them to it.

P6060005.jpg

took my lad (16) to see progress, one welder bessie mate of son further gaurantee,s this boat will be spot.they discuss further "how mad is your dad" mark,i heard mark confirm "yeh he has lost it kidda"he lost it years ago.

Edited by gaggle

blog1.jpg

battened out friday 10th sprayfoam monday 13th then full hit by crew to wire out.all going as promised but faster.sts keeping their word and more.

Edited by gaggle

blog1.jpg

battened out friday 10th sprayfoam monday 13th then full hit by crew to wire out.all going as promised but faster.sts keeping their word and more.

22757[/snapback]

why do people do 'first-fix' wiring, presumably to be covered by the panelling later?

apart from short spurs to wall lights which can be run in conduit, all the wiring can easily be contained in the gunwale space, the centre of the ceiling or in the angle between the sides and the ceiling. ........... always easily accessible for inspection and modifications.

Edited by chris polley

why do people do 'first-fix' wiring, presumably to be covered by the panelling later?

apart from short spurs to wall lights which can be run in conduit, all the wiring can easily be contained in the gunwale space, the centre of the ceiling or in the angle between the sides and the ceiling.  ........... always easily accessible for inspection and modifications.

22787[/snapback]

i dont know if it is to be 1st fix ect chris it was explained how when stages will happen ,i have just said things will be done but not in order i was told.just general script of things to happen.i have been told to go and have a good think about anything i might want done proir to elecs being started.boards ect i think will be on and as you say wires central down ceiling.gaggle

P6170002.jpg

stainless steel fresh water tank 100 gallon capacity ready to be fitted under bow deck.i am told that i will be suprised how quickly i will use a full tank.

Edited by gaggle

P6170004.jpg

engine bay is being made ready for painting.it will be painted silver and when the engine is fitted the background silver colour will make the engine look tops.

Edited by gaggle

P6170006.jpg

i think i must have took this one to show prop shaft connection or the weed hatch.yeh i know the weed hatch is not there but i am in a state of excitement

Edited by gaggle

P6170007.jpg

i really do like the feel of this,the height of seat is right for relaxing, the tiller can be set and "eh someone pass me a beer".yahoo.lets all rock to the lock,lets all rock to the lock.yahoo again.

Edited by gaggle

• 2 months later...