Looking for a horn

Featured Posts

The horn on Keeping Up has died after only 17 years of use, and I can't find the exact replacement anywhere.

It was a stainless-steel trumpet-style horn rather like the long-trumpet ones which are quite common, but the trumpet part was only a couple of inches long because a long trumpet would get in the way of the T-stud. The mounting bracket has two small holes in it, rather than using the central bolt of the horn, and I would like to be able to use the existing mounting if possible.

Does anybody recognise the style of horn and know where I might get one from?

The horn on Keeping Up has died after only 17 years of use, and I can't find the exact replacement anywhere.

It was a stainless-steel trumpet-style horn rather like the long-trumpet ones which are quite common, but the trumpet part was only a couple of inches long because a long trumpet would get in the way of the T-stud. The mounting bracket has two small holes in it, rather than using the central bolt of the horn, and I would like to be able to use the existing mounting if possible.

horn.jpg

Is it this one?

Hi Alan

Shouldnt this be linked with another new thread thats currently running ? :lol:

Not quite the same one Gary although fairly similar; it would send the sound sideways (I wonder if that would make a difference?), but it would possibly do if I don't find the exact one. Here's a rather poor photo showing the original.

2670269393_3d95f323fb_o.jpg

Jeb, which thread would that be then?