second alternator

Featured Posts

maybe wrong again here but if it has no ign light has it a buzzer that is doing the agitating bit or am i way off base :lol:

" things to bear in mind with the AC2w "

1. The "standard" alternator setup is switched through the oil pressure swith, there normally is a rsisitor in line to facilitate the resistance in the d+ wire

2. these engines were fitted with a relativly small engine pulley, this cannot be increasesd due to the proximity of the water pump.. you may not be acchieving a decent rotor spin speed

Regards

Chris

( With his Petter hat on today)

" things to bear in mind with the AC2w "

1. The "standard" alternator setup is switched through the oil pressure swith, there normally is a rsisitor in line to facilitate the resistance in the d+ wire

2. these engines were fitted with a relativly small engine pulley, this cannot be increasesd due to the proximity of the water pump.. you may not be acchieving a decent rotor spin speed

Regards

Chris

( With his Petter hat on today)

thanks for that chris but its not the original lucas i was having problems with i

It was a second alternater i had fitted to charge a stand alone battery that runs the 12v fridge

On an A133 the field diodes are easily accessable and are only little cheap 3A diodes. Change them yourself and save much wonga. Remove the plastic cover on your spare and you will spot them straight away.

just come back from the boat fitted an extra 5w bulb to the warning light The alternater is now working fine :lol::lol:

thanks to everyone who helped i wouldn't have worked it out on my own

Edited by mike e

just come back from the boat fitted an extra 5w bulb to the warning light The alternater is now working fine :lol::lol:

thanks to everyone who helped i wouldn't have worked it out on my own

It's possible that the rotor had lost all it's magnetism, so having got it going you now won't need both the warning lights as it will retain a certain amount.

Be an interesting experiment when you next visit. (well to me anyway).

Simon.