Thetford Cassette problem

goldtone

Featured Posts

I have a problem with the thetford.

It is one of the electric flush ones.

Every 5-10 minutes a very short burst of water comes through even though I am not 'asking' for it. I disconnected the electric button thing, but that has made no difference.

The thing is, it doesn't do it all the time. Maybe have a week or so without it happening, then it starts again. Its really infuriating, as the cassette is filling up far too quickly, although it mainly being water makes emptying it almost a pleasant experience!

It seems like the toilet is the end of the line for the plumbing, and also it is connected to the hot water feed for some reason. I can't find a leak elsewhere on the system by the way.

Every time I hear that little burst from the pump it drives me mad, so...........Any ideas?

Faulty flush switch - the one under the blue button

sounds a bit weird to have it plumbed to the hot supply!

(btw; the Bard of Acton; Great Leap Forward)

Edited by WJM

I disconnected the flush switch, taking it out of the four terminal opaque plastic thing (can you see I'm a newbie to all this!!). Or is the four terminal opaque plastic thing the switch?

Ah - problem is not electrical - the shut off valve is not... shutting off. The pressure in the system is pushing the valve open periodically, then the pressure drops and it shuts again until the pressure builds up once more. New valve required.

Ah - problem is not electrical - the shut off valve is not... shutting off. The pressure in the system is pushing the valve open periodically, then the pressure drops and it shuts again until the pressure builds up once more. New valve required.

Or turn the pressure down a smidgeon

if you take the presure switch out and take it to a washing machine repair shop they will have one to match about £12 think they use the same one in electrolux washers if memory serves me right

its mounted under the front lip of the bowl pig to get it out and in fiddley

Sorry to correct you, but the mighty man is from Barking. The Barking Bard :lol:

if you take the presure switch out and take it to a washing machine repair shop they will have one to match about £12 think they use the same one in electrolux washers if memory serves me right

its mounted under the front lip of the bowl pig to get it out and in fiddley

So that would explain why its periodic is suppose.

Looking forward to taking the toilet apart later.....not....or how can I lower the pressure?

But he lives in Acton.

Sorry again, he lives in Dorset. In fact, he was instrumental in overturning the Tory majority in his area by promoting tactical voting. And name dropping a bit here, but I met him last year in The House of Commons on St George's day. He was lobbying about progressive patriotism. A bloody nice bloke I have to say!

Sounds like it might well be caused by a different problem. I would suspect the PRV if it is in the hot line the pressure is building and the toilet valve is lifting and therefore acting as a secondary PRV.

What is a PRV? :lol:

Sorry again, he lives in Dorset. In fact, he was instrumental in overturning the Tory majority in his area by promoting tactical voting. And name dropping a bit here, but I met him last year in The House of Commons on St George's day. He was lobbying about progressive patriotism. A bloody nice bloke I have to say!

What is a PRV? :lol:

pressure release valve

• 2 weeks later...
I spoke to Thetford UK helpdesk about this issue and they too reckon it is the electric valve. And the nice chaps just sent me a new one and instructions on fitting.......FREE OF CHARGE :lol: :lol:

How nice of them!

you lucky bugger they totally ignored me :lol: