Surveyors, where are they hiding

phoebepallotti

Featured Posts

Hello, I'm new to the forum, tipped off by my neighbour as to how good it is! We have an old labour of love livaboard, that we're getting increasingly worried about the paper thin hull of, and want to crane her out this summer for a hull depth survey to assess the damage, but can't find a surveyor anywhere - anyone have a contact?

Thanks very much

Phoebe

Hello, I'm new to the forum, tipped off by my neighbour as to how good it is! We have an old labour of love livaboard, that we're getting increasingly worried about the paper thin hull of, and want to crane her out this summer for a hull depth survey to assess the damage, but can't find a surveyor anywhere - anyone have a contact?

Thanks very much

Phoebe

I should have mentioned - we're in London!

Ring a boatyard and get them to organise one for you - we've found that boatyards have surveyors that they favour working with, seeing as you have to organise the crane out and surveyor to be available at the same time, this, we found was the best way to do it.

We went to Stanstead Abbots marina on the Stort, they were great,sorted one within two weeks, could try Springfield too.

Ring a boatyard and get them to organise one for you - we've found that boatyards have surveyors that they favour working with, seeing as you have to organise the crane out and surveyor to be available at the same time, this, we found was the best way to do it.

We went to Stanstead Abbots marina on the Stort, they were great,sorted one within two weeks, could try Springfield too.

and St Pancras Cruising club plus the boatyards at Uxbridge and Denham.

Tim