Waterscape map

Amicus

Featured Posts

A little while ago I downloaded a very nice map from Waterscape.com, a PDF map of the whole system. I've now just reinstalled Winders etc. and I want to get the map again, I've been around the site approx. 1,324,984 times and I cant find it. Please, please, anybody got a link, afore I fire this putor thru the winder. :D

A little while ago I downloaded a very nice map from Waterscape.com, a PDF map of the whole system. I've now just reinstalled Winders etc. and I want to get the map again, I've been around the site approx. 1,324,984 times and I cant find it. Please, please, anybody got a link, afore I fire this putor thru the winder. :D

Well I find:

http://www.waterscape.com/waterwaysguide/

then you have to click on it to get maps of the different regions.

I can't find a map of the whole system here, but you might like to try:

http://www.canals.com/maps.htm

HTH

On the subject of maps ...

does anyone know of maps that show a good representation of all the basic geographical data - roads/places/rivers etc., like a good quality road map, but which also shows the canals in enough detail to be able to see them easily?

Not just the pale bits of cotton thread they're usually shown as, which you lose completely within the boundaries of a big town or city. And they always have small, pale blue writing so that you cant read it. Grrrr!

Peter

Edited by Guest

does anyone know of maps that show a good representation of all the basic geographical data - roads/places/rivers etc., like a good quality road map, but which also shows the canals in enough detail to be able to see them easily? . . .

Peter

GEOprojects inland waterways maps show minor roads and tracks in a strip varying from 3 miles wide to several miles where there is a significant town, village or other feature. The K&A one is approx. 1:53,750 (3cm = 1 mile) and goes all the way to Avonmouth. There are street-maps of town and city centres in a larger scale ~1:12,000 (5.28" = 1 mile)

All the navigational information, boatyards & facilities are shown. They are usually more up to date than the guide books.

Alan

does anyone know of maps that show a good representation of all the basic geographical data - roads/places/rivers etc., like a good quality road map, but which also shows the canals in enough detail to be able to see them easily?

The Philips Navigator is definitely, definitely what you want. It has canals, locks, and even (in the latest edition) bridge numbers... all on a scale halfway between a standard road atlas and an OS Landranger map. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Richard