Tring Festival

Bullfrog

Featured Posts

Does anyone know how the Tring Festival fared this weekend in the appalling weather?

We couldn't make it 'cos the rain delayed the DIY I was doing on our boat until we ran out of time.

Having had to cancel last year it will be a worry for the Wendover Arm Trust 'cos this is their major annual money-spinner.

David

Edited by Bullfrog

Does anyone know how the Tring Festival fared this weekend in the appalling weather?

We couldn't make it 'cos the rain delayed the DIY I was doing on our boat until we ran out of time.

Having had to cancel last year it will be a worry for the Wendover Arm Trust 'cos this is their major annual money-spinner.

David

Chatting to one of the organisers last night, the festival went ahead but most of the traders packed up around lunchtime Monday.. they raised about 1/2 of what they wanted/needed/expected BUT it was not a total washout like last year

Chris

I/we were there on Sunday after the rain stopped it was not bad, however not a lot to see, in fact very little to do with boats/canals :( Only went to support the cause anyway so did my bit, lots of boats were leaving the show before miday Monday as the weather in that area was appalling.

Phil

Edited by Enfield Phil

Hi,

Hard work for the organisers, no one there, rain almost stopped play. If they make any money it will be a miracle.

Shame, but the weather and recession wins this year.

There ain't no money about, traders cheesed off and may consider options next year.

Albi.