Smilies in Signatures

Featured Posts

On 9 October, Sam said: "I have tried using a smilie in my signature but it doesn't work!"

On 10 October, Jon said: "I don't think so Sam. Sorry"

I've been playing around (Well, it's a wet Sunday afternoon and the boat's 100 miles away) and found that you can include smilies and emoticons. If you have EmotiPad Plus (or, I assume, a similar smilie program), you can drag the smilies or emoticons into your signature. There is a maximum length of 10,000 characters in a signature. The two smilies in my current signature use 119 characters so you could have a fair number.

If you don't have EmotiPad Plus or similar you need to type in the URL of the smilie you want to include preceded by "["img"]" and followed by "["/img"]" ignoring the quotation marks and with no spaces. You can find the URL of the smilie by right clicking on it and selecting Properties in the drop down menu. To avoid typing errors, select the URL and use copy and paste.

Sam - have fun!

Jon - If we all start using smilies and emoticons indiscriminately, will there be any adverse effects on the forum or your bandwidth?

Because it has a hole in the bottom;

Because I left the weed hatch off;

It's not - it's going up and down in a lock;

Because it was the best I could do at short notice on a wet Sunday afternoon.

Here's a bigger version - too big to use as an avatar in this forum:

1-picture1.gif

I'll try to produce a chug-along version next time it's wet.

Edited by Paul Evans