Vinyl lettering and a picture

Featured Posts

Where are you, and would you be supplying your own artwork for the pictures? If so, what format, how big and what resolution?

Wow, Moley - thanks for your quick response.

I'm afraid I'm not a techie I have a small pix that I got off the web and reduced for the avatar. I don't know if that can be enlarged without losing the definition? Does that give you any answers?

PS. We're currently living in S Wales. The boat is being fitted out by Dursley & Hurst in Leigh, Lancs. They're doing a great job! The boat will be launched and kept initially at Otherton Marina, Nr Penkridge. Are you anywhere near any of these locations. In what area are you at the moment?

Edited by The Drunken Duck

I have a small pix that I got off the web and reduced for the avatar. I don't know if that can be enlarged without losing the definition?

Ah .... yes, that answers my question, and no, it won't be usable.

I'm not too far from Penkridge, but unless we can find or generate good quality, high resolution artwork between us, this could be a non-starter.

Purple Fairie, are you out there?

Any other illustrators who could help out?

There are plenty of mail-order firms that will cut out vinyl lettering, google for vinyl boat names or do a search of this forum, it's been discussed often enough.

Edited by Moley

Ah .... yes, that answers my question, and no, it won't be usable.

I'm not too far from Penkridge, but unless we can find or generate good quality, high resolution artwork between us, this could be a non-starter.

Purple Fairie, are you out there?

Any other illustrators who could help out?

There are plenty of mail-order firms that will cut out vinyl lettering, google for vinyl boat names or do a search of this forum, it's been discussed often enough.

I'll do the google and forum search, as you suggest - thanks.

I'll wait on the picture front and see if anybody comes back who can help on the artwork. Any help you can give will be appreciated with a few :D

I had my boat name, BW number and logo and my own design done (both sides) by SIGNS EXPRESS in Harlow (Essex). What a fantastic job ! EXACTLY what I wanted and produced infront of my eyes on a design computer. Guy came out 2 days later and fitted it perfectly and in less than 30 mins.

Can HIGHLY recommend them. They are a franchise outfit so I am sure you will find one near you.

Hope it helps.

I had my boat name, BW number and logo and my own design done (both sides) by SIGNS EXPRESS in Harlow (Essex). What a fantastic job ! EXACTLY what I wanted and produced infront of my eyes on a design computer. Guy came out 2 days later and fitted it perfectly and in less than 30 mins.

Can HIGHLY recommend them. They are a franchise outfit so I am sure you will find one near you.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. Your response appreciated.

Purple Fairie, a member on here, does wonderfull work and as said may be able to help. As well as several other members who do various other work.

There are lots of companys offering printed vinal and vinal lettering all over the country, some of which may also be able to generate artwork for you, or remake artwork from a smaller image.

- When i was looking at get the canalworld window stickers made up i settled with abacas-studios who where the cheapest and most helpfull of the varous places i contacted at the time. However thats not to say there any better/cheaper/freindlier than anyone else.

That said, in the orignal post you didnt mention anything about stickers/vinal or whatever other than in the title.

- Like many, our boat is sign written using paints and a steady hand, and thats certainly largly my preference.

- So maybe what your after is not anything digital/vinal but someone to paint on your artwork directly with a brush!

Daniel

Hi. I can do the artwork for - well for just about anything!

Please look at my photobucket album http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t172/mareco_pictures/ ..... all sorts of stuff in there!

I have local contacts (Exeter) who have done vinyls from my artwork, but as others have said, once you have good clear artwork the vinyls can be produced just about anywhere in the country.

I'm here! :)

Sorry folks, we've actually been out and about cruising! :D

Thanks for all the nudges though! ;)

Hi Drunken Duck, if you would like to get in touch and we can chat about what you want.

Ok, just checked my messages and you have been in touch! :o