kettle

Tusses

Featured Posts

Doesn't count after 12.

Alternative answer: keep a kettle on the Morso at all times. Free heat!

Ian

not a fool thing ! you must have seen the advert on telly ?

as for the stove - thats why I said in the summer !

those ones that heats the water in 3 seconds .

anyone know what power they are ?

Good idea on a boat - for easy cuppa in the summer ?

The power consumption is 2.8KW and one CANNOT boil a cup of water in 3 seconds using just 2.8KW if there is no pre-heat (which there is not apparently). It would contravene the laws of physics! One would need 28KW to do it. This came up on a thread a month or so ago. What happens is that the first drops of water START to boil after 3 seconds.

Chris

The power consumption is 2.8KW and one CANNOT boil a cup of water in 3 seconds using just 2.8KW if there is no pre-heat (which there is not apparently). It would contravene the laws of physics! One would need 28KW to do it. This came up on a thread a month or so ago. What happens is that the first drops of water START to boil after 3 seconds.

Chris

Thanks Chris - you had the patience to explain where I didn't!

Solid fuel stove in August? Why yes, nearly always. Unless you happen to be boating during the three days of summer this year - whenever they happen.

Ian

oh - ok - while I was away looking for a link .... you beat me to it!

I heard it didn't boil, but was hot enough to make a cuppa ? no ?

oh well

put the water through twice ?

??

They say it heats water to just below boiling. Well, let's be generous and say it's a summer's day and we want to heat a cupful of water (220ml according to Tefal) from 20C to just 80C with 2.8KW. Running the maths gives 21 seconds.

Chris

They say it heats water to just below boiling. Well, let's be generous and say it's a summer's day and we want to heat a cupful of water (220ml according to Tefal) from 20C to just 80C with 2.8KW. Running the maths gives 21 seconds.

Chris

ah - ok - put the water through 7 times then :lol: