blown fuse

SarahB

Featured Posts

As I went to use the gulper yesterday the fuse went. I tried un "plugging" the gulper and resetting the fuse but that didn't work. I've got some new fuses to change that over but I just wondered why it would suddenly do that?

Is it something I've done? Is it just one of those things?

Cheers in advance

Sarahx

As I went to use the gulper yesterday the fuse went. I tried un "plugging" the gulper and resetting the fuse but that didn't work. I've got some new fuses to change that over but I just wondered why it would suddenly do that?

Is it something I've done? Is it just one of those things?

Cheers in advance

Sarahx

Did the ends touch eachother for +ve n -ve?

The fuse may have blown, so stick a new one in.

Did the ends touch eachother for +ve n -ve?

The fuse may have blown, so stick a new one in.

Ah yes possibly as I've recently been pumping out my bilge where the gulper lives! I've done my electrical purchases as I suddenly realised that was one area of my tool box that was looking sad...

Hopefully now I actually have some supplies I won't be needing them.

Ah yes possibly as I've recently been pumping out my bilge where the gulper lives! I've done my electrical purchases as I suddenly realised that was one area of my tool box that was looking sad...

Hopefully now I actually have some supplies I won't be needing them.

Except my blown fuse isn't actually a fuse at all... It's a circuit breaker and it's definitely the gulper that causing it to trip.

Please can I have my next electrical lesson? Could I have killed the gulper? Mr Next-door has a tester thing so I'm going to have a lesson in the morning with that... is there anything else I could try this evening to see if I can get it to work or am I likely to have shorted it and broken it completely?

Typical eh? I've just dropped my car off to the new mooring so am without wheels and I'm cruising off into the sunset on Saturday :huh:)

Sarah

Ah yes possibly as I've recently been pumping out my bilge where the gulper lives!

Did the body of the pump get submersed?

The fault finding process for this fault is to isolate the switch (float switch or manual switch) and the pump, using the meter (rather than the breaker) to trace which one has the fault (low resistance) so is blowing the fuse.

If the pump got wet then taking it apart with any obvious screws and cleaning it out is a good first move.

check to see if something is jamming it inside

Yes it did get very wet! Typical isn't it - I already have a very long list of things to do tomorrow to get ready for the cruise. Looks like I'll be having an early start!

Thanks for the suggestions and please keep fingers crossed!

Sarah