Where to shop in Warwick

tullemor1

Featured Posts

And if you try to say Jordvik very quickly without moving your lips and let your mouth be half open (while looking utterly retarded) it will sound like York! :o

Or if you say it perfectly normally, after five pints of Abbott Reserve with Talisker chasers at The Cape, it also sounds like "York". :angry:

(And if you say it after seven pints of Abbott Reserve with Talisker chasers and a few packets of Scampi Fries, it sounds like "Antidisestablishmentarianism")

Perfect, I tried it in the mirror, pure retard. Well I did say it was probably mis-information. Must go practice before the family get home!

Aren't you glad that you guys beat us at the battle of Hastings now. It would have been too hard for you to learn Norwegian! :angry:

Oh, you're not doing A-ha the justice they deserve, surely!? :angry:

So you too like aha. Let's put this to you mildly: If you had understood Norwegian and what Morten Harket actually says, you might not be such a great fan any more. On the other hand, we are bringing an aha CD on the boat, because we have promised our friends that they can listen for that when they look for us in the marinas! :o

So you too like aha. Let's put this to you mildly: If you had understood Norwegian and what Morten Harket actually says, you might not be such a great fan any more. On the other hand, we are bringing an aha CD on the boat, because we have promised our friends that they can listen for that when they look for us in the marinas! :angry:

Fan might be too harsh-a-word, but I did partake in the wearing of the leathers round my wrist in my youthy days...

Or if you say it perfectly normally, after five pints of Abbott Reserve with Talisker chasers at The Cape, it also sounds like "York". :angry:

(And if you say it after seven pints of Abbott Reserve with Talisker chasers and a few packets of Scampi Fries, it sounds like "Antidisestablishmentarianism")

And this is the reason why English became the World Language, you can be drunk, retarded, stoned, have all kinds of speech deficiencies like not being able to say R, have a lisp, or use the accent of any other language in the world, and you can still speak and be understood in English.

And this is the reason why English became the World Language, you can be drunk, retarded, stoned, have all kinds of speech deficiencies like not being able to say R, have a lisp, or use the accent of any other language in the world, and you can still speak and be understood in English.

:o:angry:

...and this is how your fellow countrymen behave when the modern Vikings are on tour to the old country and they're cousins:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article873607.ece

You talk about incidents that took place 1000 years ago. This happened last week! :stop:B)

:lol: I come from a military family, I think they behave like that here too!

:stop: I come from a military family, I think they behave like that here too!

I am the daughter of a colonel, and the British soldiers, incidently they didn't come to Norway because we are at war with you, they came to learn how to ski. They come here every year and every year they have to move the ski teaching course to a new place, because incidents like this happens over and over, and has for the last 50 years. Harstad is very far north and far out in the boondocks!

And actually I found the comments to that article somewhat more shocking than the act itself (we have come to expect that sort of behaviour, and no Norwegian newspaper has mentioned it, we heard it on the radio from a person who thought it was hilariously funny, and actually, so do we). Most of the commenters obviously thought that they were rewinding after war, when it was merely an after skiing experience. But they are lousy skiers, so I can see why it can be be traumatic B)

At the Battle of Hastings it has turned out it was actually French Vikings (from Normandie) fighting English Vikings (80% remember?) and Norwegian/Danish Vikings. So in the end it was a win win situation for the Vikings!

And whenever we hear this year's episode with the British soldiers, we are sure glad we are your allies and that most wars today are performed in places without snow, although a bit of snowboarding experience probably would come in handy down the Bora Bora! :stop:

Met up with Bente and Pal in Warwick last night. They're fab! We laughed (and drank!) all night. :) Looking forward to them pootling past us in their (much newer) Black Prince in a couple of days time, when we can lure them for a pint at The Cape. If we're not working we've (perhaps foolishly) offered to do the legwork (and armwork) to get them up Hatton Flight.

Thank goodness it's topped and tailed by pubs, I say. :clapping:

Or if you say it perfectly normally, after five pints of Abbott Reserve with Talisker chasers at The Cape, it also sounds like "York". :)

Bit late in the day but I've been reading the omnibus edition of this topic.

Surely that would come out more like "Yeeeeuuuuuuuuurk", whilst you knelt on the bathroom floor with your head over the loo bowl?