Tender!

BigRoj

Featured Posts

I recently persuaded SWMBO that the next must-have for the boat was a tender with a small outboard.

Well, got a nearly-new setup with outboard a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to get it out the bag and blow it up, until today.

It's a Plastimo 240, and everything (except engine) fits into a sturdy bag.

Got it out, blew it up, sat in it going 'brm, brm' on the lawn, then deflated it and tried to get it back into the bag, and here's where it all started to get a bit challenging.

Talk about trying to thread a sausage through the eye of a needle! 'Cos thats what it amounted to.

Has anyone any tips on repacking tenders back into their bags? Is there a foolproof method? (Apart from 'Don't get one in the first place')

as been said use a pump to suck the last of the air out.

then the rest is luck an swearing.

dont think ive ever got one back in the bag it came from, just roll it up an store it like that.

the usual way is fully deflate, fold the side tubes to the middle then roll up an maybe if your lucky it'll fit the bag

Oh! thanks Mike & Lee, that's what I did, using an electric blower/sucker. Then, once rolled, put straps around it to tighten it up even more, and shoe-horn it into the bag.

Mind you, Carl has inadvertedly given me an idea, although it's a waste of butter, but.....................!