Lister Jp2 parts & Lister blackstone gearbox wanted

Featured Posts

I hve seen a "conversion" on a BS5 type starter where they had removed the pinion and fitted a "rubber" pulley wheel

This was then fitted to a swinging frame which could be held against the flywheel when starting. It worked very well

The engine was a JP2 but on a sea boat application

Unfortunantly I cannot remember whos boat it was now

Chris

Some larger engines, including large Nationals, used that sort of idea but with a small petrol engine with rubber tyre.

Tim

Are the JP2 and JP3 engines difficult to start? The boat I'm hoping to buy has a JP3, hand start only. The owner seemed to be able to start it easily enough when I was there. It had decompression levers fitted to the cylinder heads, as well as the screw-out things on the side of the block.

Are the JP2 and JP3 engines difficult to start? The boat I'm hoping to buy has a JP3, hand start only. The owner seemed to be able to start it easily enough when I was there. It had decompression levers fitted to the cylinder heads, as well as the screw-out things on the side of the block.

How long is a piece of string? :angry:

The 'screw out things' on the side are the high/low compression screws. High compression for starting or long periods of low rpm or low load. Low(er) for normal running.

How easy it is to start depends on your fitness and the condition of the engine. Normally they shouldn't be any problem to start. As long as they've got fuel and a good swing, they'll go.

Edited by I want a 'proper job'

• 2 months later...

Pinkatpole

If you are still looking for JP bits I maybe able to help.

Just finishing the re-build of a JP3M & have a few bits left over...

23" 1200RPM JP3M Flywheel with ringgear fitted ( not great but all teeth in place) handstart

26" 1000RPM JP4 Generator Flywheel with ringgear in perfect condition (overall size the same as above)

24v Clockwise starter motor matching JP4 Flywheel (not tested but appears in general good condition)

If your decompressors are the button type on the crankcase door I have the remote shaft & foot lever that was fitted to the JP4. It is basically fitted on 2 JP2 crankcase doors & would be fairly easy to modify.

I've also got misc casings, heads, fuel filter bodies.

Let me know if any of the above is of any use to you.

Richard

Pinkatpole

If you are still looking for JP bits I maybe able to help.

Just finishing the re-build of a JP3M & have a few bits left over...

23" 1200RPM JP3M Flywheel with ringgear fitted ( not great but all teeth in place) handstart

26" 1000RPM JP4 Generator Flywheel with ringgear in perfect condition (overall size the same as above)

24v Clockwise starter motor matching JP4 Flywheel (not tested but appears in general good condition)

If your decompressors are the button type on the crankcase door I have the remote shaft & foot lever that was fitted to the JP4. It is basically fitted on 2 JP2 crankcase doors & would be fairly easy to modify.

I've also got misc casings, heads, fuel filter bodies.

Let me know if any of the above is of any use to you.

Richard

Richard

Definetely interested especially in either of the two flywheels and possibly stater motor.

Am away from tomorrow until Monday.

Will pm you for contact details

Cheers

Graham