Yippe It passed its BSC

Postcode

Featured Posts

Not only has the weather been wonderful to be on the boat this weekend but I have a BSC pass Certificate to show for it too!

It was the boat's four year birthday certificate and it passed with flying colours. I thought that it should but you never know.

I was a bit worried that I haven't got round to getting a new plug for the basin in the bathroom but aparrantly it isn't part of a BSC check anyway.

It is with some relief that I can now get on with all the cosmetic jobs i need to do knowing that the main systems are safe.

Dave

Not only has the weather been wonderful to be on the boat this weekend but I have a BSC pass Certificate to show for it too!

It was the boat's four year birthday certificate and it passed with flying colours. I thought that it should but you never know.

I was a bit worried that I haven't got round to getting a new plug for the basin in the bathroom but aparrantly it isn't part of a BSC check anyway.

It is with some relief that I can now get on with all the cosmetic jobs i need to do knowing that the main systems are safe.

Dave

Congratulations. :clapping: Always a good feeling isn't it? I am surprised that you didn't do the cosmetic jobs before the inspector came though. First impressions are everything........... :rolleyes:

As for the basin plug; you can laugh, but consider yourself very lucky indeed. There is a new directive coming through at the beginning of April where sink plugs WILL be a part of the inspection! There will have to be one permanently in place, able to be deployed at any time, fixed by a chain and clearly labeled with "permanantly(sic) fixed labels.". Dymo type labels are not acceptable, and neither is string. The plug must "seal in an efficient manner." The excuse that one shares the kitchen plug with the bathroom is no longer acceptable. You heard it here first. :wub:

Edited to add more smilies.

Edited by Dylan

This might be a very silly question, but why on earth does it matter whether you have a plug for the sink or not? The overflow outlet hasn't got a plug fixed to it so it will potentially play the same role as an unplugged drain outlet only a bit later. Or have I missed the blindingly obvious?

This might be a very silly question, but why on earth does it matter whether you have a plug for the sink or not? The overflow outlet hasn't got a plug fixed to it so it will potentially play the same role as an unplugged drain outlet only a bit later. Or have I missed the blindingly obvious?

I was taking the Mick. :clapping:

Edited to add that I have edited my previous post for clarity.

Edited by Dylan

I thought you might have been. Just proves how gulible I can be. Mind you, in this day and age, anything's possible, so I wouldn't have been totally surprised save that I couldn't think of what use the restriction might have been designed for.

I obviously didn't notice the reference to the beginning of April, even though I thought it might be an April Fool's day thing.

I thought you might have been. Just proves how gulible I can be. Mind you, in this day and age, anything's possible, so I wouldn't have been totally surprised save that I couldn't think of what use the restriction might have been designed for.

I obviously didn't notice the reference to the beginning of April, even though I thought it might be an April Fool's day thing.

:clapping::rolleyes:

I am just a cynical old git I'm afraid. Thing is I recently read a very funny (but ironically serious) book called "Incompetence." It is about the EU in about ten years time and portrays the ridiculous rules and regulations under which we may be forced to live. Clearly it has had more effect on me than I had realised? :wub:

Dave

I suspect your surveyor was a bit lenient in this case........

You will be telling us next he never checked if the corkscrew was in full working order either...........

Better not name him on here or all the forum members will be using him for their certificates. What is the going rate for a bribe to overlook the basin plug these days?

This is a very serious issue. Its a good job the Gubbinment Inspector is no longer with us or he would have something to say about this. :clapping:

I suspect your surveyor was a bit lenient in this case........

You will be telling us next he never checked if the corkscrew was in full working order either...........

Better not name him on here or all the forum members will be using him for their certificates. What is the going rate for a bribe to overlook the basin plug these days?

This is a very serious issue. Its a good job the Gubbinment Inspector is no longer with us or he would have something to say about this. :clapping:

It may well be that the plug isn't included in the inspection but whilst reading the regs for the following day I dozed off and wouldn't have had time to fix it anyway. :rolleyes: