"user guides" for gas ovens please

kennetboater

Featured Posts

hello all,

we are trying to decide which oven to get to put in our refit.

we have narrowed it down to the following but are stuck. has anyone used any of these ovens and if so what are your thoughts on them? eg ease of use, problems encountered, parts availability, etc

Stoves vanette gg2200

spinflo midi prima oven

mark 3 midi prima separate oven and grill.

many thanks

Lee

hello all,

we are trying to decide which oven to get to put in our refit.

we have narrowed it down to the following but are stuck. has anyone used any of these ovens and if so what are your thoughts on them? eg ease of use, problems encountered, parts availability, etc

Stoves vanette gg2200

spinflo midi prima oven

mark 3 midi prima separate oven and grill.

many thanks

Lee

Hi There

I have not yet found one where the grill works properly.

This the most important function in our boat and my Stoves gg2200 is crap!

I need a reconmendation too

My gas ring is by Whirlpool from Ikea and is great (240v ignition)

Alex

Hi There

I have not yet found one where the grill works properly.

This the most important function in our boat and my Stoves gg2200 is crap!

I need a reconmendation too

My gas ring is by Whirlpool from Ikea and is great (240v ignition)

Alex

Same thing with my Vanette GG2200, takes for an age to get to a decent heat.

Rarely used the stove part (actually, twice in six months!*) but seemed OK at the moment.

The hob's the matching Vanette, and that's fine if a little small at times.

(*Which probably explains why I've not had to replace the gas cans in six months!)

Same thing with my Vanette GG2200, takes for an age to get to a decent heat.

Rarely used the stove part (actually, twice in six months!*) but seemed OK at the moment.

The hob's the matching Vanette, and that's fine if a little small at times.

(*Which probably explains why I've not had to replace the gas cans in six months!)

Hi Chris

Well you are great help but I am pleased it not just me. I have wondered if it is possible to turn up the pressure to grill but cant be bothered to dismantle the kitchen.

Going down the chippy/chinese/pub has been proven to cut gas consumption, could this be the reason for the gas lasting six months?

Alex

Hi Chris

Well you are great help but I am pleased it not just me. I have wondered if it is possible to turn up the pressure to grill but cant be bothered to dismantle the kitchen.

Going down the chippy/chinese/pub has been proven to cut gas consumption, could this be the reason for the gas lasting six months?

Alex

No, I just do most of my cooking either in a wok or casseroles in a crock-pot on top of my Morso. The hob's main use has just been for boiling the kettle a few times a day! :clapping:

We bought a New World gas cooker last summer. The previous one (also New World but a completely different type) had a fabulous grill, but the new one takes nearly half an hour to do a slice of toast, and it doesn't so much toast it as re-bake it! I contacted their Customer helpline to ask someone there about it, and a very helpful lady said that she agreed, the grill is "not very good" and there was no way of improving its performance. So we bought a pop-up toaster from Tesco for £3.50.

In the same boat too regards cookers -- we have a small galley that has worktops under 600mm wide and want to fit hob and inset oven (plus a new sink) but all the caravan derived stuff - like Spinflo, Smev etc - seems so tinny. (Apologies to everyone who has them!). Has anyone found any other solid, modern, attractive stuff?

We bought a New World gas cooker last summer. The previous one (also New World but a completely different type) had a fabulous grill, but the new one takes nearly half an hour to do a slice of toast, and it doesn't so much toast it as re-bake it! I contacted their Customer helpline to ask someone there about it, and a very helpful lady said that she agreed, the grill is "not very good" and there was no way of improving its performance. So we bought a pop-up toaster from Tesco for £3.50.

Hi There

Does it come with an adapter for cooking bacon and sausage?

Alex

I have a DIT 500 looks good, black and silver (if you like that sort of thing) but the grill is rubbish, I thought it was just my grill that was useless untill I read this thread. Moggy has one of thoes old fashioned small white enamel gas cooker and his grill works a treat. Does this mean "old is best" :clapping:

Hi There

Does it come with an adapter for cooking bacon and sausage?

Alex

Surprisingly the grill is just fine for bacon, sausages, and mushrooms. Which is a good thing because they'd make an awful mess in the toaster, although the thought of pop-up sausages is rather appealing!