Chandlery price increases.

Gary Peacock

Featured Posts

One of the major distributors will increase their prices on the 1 February and chances are the others will follow.

So if you are pending ordering things it will be worth doing it before because those non stocked items will no doubt increase in price from your local swindlers too! :)

Edited by Gary Peacock

Distributors of what exactly or is this just everything going up?

Basically yes, the problem is that if you follow the chain the majority of it comes from about half a dozen sources and some of it even crosseses between them before it gets anywhere near the swindlers shelves.

There you have another problem more and more people shop around on the Internet and those offering the best prices there are volume distributors with the highest rate of discount, they do not hold stock it is shipped direct from the distributors and they have very good credit terms to pay the distributors.

However poor old Joe Swindler does not get such a great discount and he has to pay to have stock getting dusty and obsolete on the shelf! So his thought is to stock less and keep his money in the bank making interest.

Joe Swindlers lack of orders due to on-line sales then spoil the distributors targets and gradually general business tails off. (Remember a lot of the time Joe Swindler would be only tied into one or two of the big distributors but the on-line customers have a very large "net" :) to cast!.)

So spare a thought poor old Joe Swindler he his becoming an endanged species, like the Dodo he might just become a ridiculed creature from the past now exstinct.

Edited by Gary Peacock

Just to add a bit of fuel to the fire but was told yesterday that battery costs will be going up by between 25% and 50% in the next month or 2

by our suppliers

( I'm in the motor trade b.t.w. ) but i would see no reason why this wont be the same with leisure batteries!

all down to the cost of lead apparently???

Just to add a bit of fuel to the fire but was told yesterday that battery costs will be going up by between 25% and 50% in the next month or 2

by our suppliers

( I'm in the motor trade b.t.w. ) but i would see no reason why this wont be the same with leisure batteries!

all down to the cost of lead apparently???

I was told the same by my friendly swindlery about October last year - he'd been told that lead had gone up big time, but strangley this does not seem to have got down to the recycling part of the world where the price of old batteries seems the be flat (pun intended).