Moscow circumnavigation 2022

Featured Posts

Hi all!

In summer holidays of 2022 i took a trip on my boat along the route named "Moscow circumnavigation". This is a circular river route in a central Russia.

I started this route on Oka river then went down this river to its confluence with the Volga river, then climbed the Volga to its connection with the Moscow Canal which connect Volga river with Moscow river which flows through the city of Moscow and flows into the Oka.

This trip is 2221 kilometers long and ~250 engine hours.

I've walked this route four times, first time in 1992 on the same boat.

I put English subtitles in the video.

Video speeded up four times with the exception of fragments with a text description of the area.

Any questions are welcome!

First day:

Second day:

Next days is upcoming.

• Greenie 3

That looks a bit more adventurous than my tourist boat trip around the waterways of St Petersburg about 10 years ago.

However at the moment it's not an ideal time for anyone from the UK wanting to visit Russia. If you look on the Foreign Office website under 'travel advice' the whole of Russia is marked in red as off-limits. We can still go and ignore the advice of course (Russian tourist visa permitting), but finding travel insurance that covers you for anywhere that the FO has advised against travel would be very difficult.

Anyway, they are interesting videos, thanks.

59 minutes ago, blackrose said:

That looks a bit more adventurous than my tourist boat trip around the waterways of St Petersburg about 10 years ago.

However at the moment it's not an ideal time for anyone from the UK wanting to visit Russia.

Indeed, but one of the great advantages of videos like this, especially with my health problems, is that I don't have to go! I can now enjoy the waterways of Russia vicariously on the box :) 

Thanks @vasya for the videos

• Greenie 3

3 hours ago, blackrose said:

However at the moment it's not an ideal time for anyone from the UK wanting to visit Russia. If you look on the Foreign Office website under 'travel advice' the whole of Russia is marked in red as off-limits. We can still go and ignore the advice of course (Russian tourist visa permitting), but finding travel insurance that covers you for anywhere that the FO has advised against travel would be very difficult.

Anyway, they are interesting videos, thanks.

Hi! I'm from Russia. I go boating every weekend near places from 1st day of this youtube trip.

2 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

Indeed, but one of the great advantages of videos like this, especially with my health problems, is that I don't have to go! I can now enjoy the waterways of Russia vicariously on the box :) 

Thanks @vasya for the videos

Thank you for watching!

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, vasya said:

Hi! I'm from Russia.

Здравствуйте

Yes, I guessed you were Russian from your name, but this is a UK forum so my comments were aimed at anyone here who was interested in boating on your waterways.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, vasya said:

Hi all!

Day four:

Splendid!

FYI - about once a week this is my evening "television" watching (I only get to watch TV once or twice a week anyway) - your videos beat Bangers and Cash anytime :D 

• Greenie 1

Hi all!

A small digression from the topic.

I present to you a video from my six-day voyage to the city of Kaluga, which I took in May of this year.

The city of Kaluga is the place where navigation on the Oka River begins.

• Greenie 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much! I am very pleased that several of my UK colleagues give such feedback!

Be my guest on my boat and you can do this. Think about it.

Edited by vasya

• 2 weeks later...