Robin Summers narrowboats

Featured Posts

Can anyone tell me anything about Robin Summers, narrowboat builder (and decorative metalworker)?

Is it purely a coincidence that there is a similarity between his boats and those built by GT Boat Builder, in which the 'T' stands for Tony (Summers)?

• 2 weeks later...

This is very curious! 

I've just been to look at boat number 41 ostensibly built by Robin Summers and yet, like me, nobody seems to have come across the other 40+ vessels. Statistically very unlikely, so maybe that was a number he fished out of the ether and I viewed his only aquatic creation! He is (or rather was as he's dead now) reasonably well-known for his decorative blacksmithing but this was a kosher traditional steel narrowboat that ticked all the right boxes and could well have come from the Mike Heywood lineage, hence my reference to to Tony Summers of GT Boatbuilders.

58 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

This is very curious! 

I've just been to look at boat number 41 ostensibly built by Robin Summers and yet, like me, nobody seems to have come across the other 40+ vessels. Statistically very unlikely, so maybe that was a number he fished out of the ether and I viewed his only aquatic creation! He is (or rather was as he's dead now) reasonably well-known for his decorative blacksmithing but this was a kosher traditional steel narrowboat that ticked all the right boxes and could well have come from the Mike Heywood lineage, hence my reference to to Tony Summers of GT Boatbuilders.

Was it 41ft long by any chance?