Working full time while aboard

Featured Posts

Ask your employers. Mine is happy for me to tell them I'm No Fixed Abode and to use a family address for correspondence (though in practice they email everything to me anyway).

I know a couple of people who continuously cruise and who use Expost, and it seems to work ok for normal mail and smallish parcels- but it appears that DVLA will no longer accept an Expost address, so for your driving license you'll still need to use the address of a good friend or a family member. 

I lived aboard for about 15 years mostly on non-residential moorings using my mum's address for most things. For about 3 years while I was moored on an inaccessible island on the Thames I used a PO box in Slough that the landowner let me use, but apart from that I just got by. I used to get stuff delivered to a work address for a few years until I left. Then when I moved the boat near Northampton about 8 years ago I found a place that that keeps your post which all the static caravan dwellers in the area use. I don't know how I ever got by without it. I use it for everything and I've even put myself on the register of electors using that address, which then means it can be used for bank accounts and everything else. If it ever shut down I'd be properly screwed.

• Greenie 1