Locked Chester basin?

Ewan123

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Ewan123 said:

Alas I can report that a (genuine) BW key does not fit that padlock, as you all suspected. Which does seem to contradict the sign on the swingbridge 🤔 I'll ask CRT.

20240331_121847.jpg.478992730805d3fe35d1d1f4de820f88.jpg

No the sign is right, it doesn't specify what key you should use, but if you had the right one that is haw you would do it 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

No the sign is right, it doesn't specify what key you should use, but if you had the right one that is haw you would do it 

I wonder which customers have the right key then.

Well I emailed CRT and got a call back from a lady who spoke to the local team. She said they were unaware of an issue and that the normal key should fit, so they're going to go out and take a look. Watch this space?

• Greenie 3

20 minutes ago, Ewan123 said:

Well I emailed CRT and got a call back from a lady who spoke to the local team. She said they were unaware of an issue and that the normal key should fit, so they're going to go out and take a look. Watch this space?

Maybe someone didn't like boaters in front of their windows?

• Greenie 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

That was my thought too, in such an enclosed basin you'd only need one or two smoky boats on a still day to turn the apartment residents against the idea.

Edited by Ewan123
  • Greenie 1

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

This happens in Eastbourne Marina, expensive houses all around, phone to the marina office. "Could you move the boat outside, as the mast is obscuring the view from my kitchen window?"