Calcutt marina - need your opinion

MajorJones

Featured Posts

On 22/06/2023 at 15:54, MajorJones said:

Hi guys

We are considering Calcutt Marina for our non-residential mooring. I had been there a few times years ago, and I've managed to find some feedback, but again - nothing relatively fresh, and I know things have changed after Covid.

So I'd be very grateful if you know anything about Calcutt mooring s or if you have any recent experience with it and can share it here! Thank you!

By "non-residential" do you mean the boat will only be moored there when you're not aboard (and when you are, you'll be out cruising) or you'll spend a lot of time moored in the marina (how much?) but not live there full-time?

If the first one then facilities don't matter much and all you really need is a secure mooring in the right area (cheaper), if the second you want a marina with decent facilities in a nice place (more expensive).

On 23/06/2023 at 13:27, MajorJones said:

It seems that's a common topic now - brilliant marina with no maintenance services.

They do run a hire fleet so they have better boatyard back up than many marinas. I guess in the season it has to fit in and around the hire boats.