Are Boats Currently Selling?

jddevel

Featured Posts

45 minutes ago, jddevel said:

I refer to the fact that the hull up to the waterline was zinc and epoxy treated. Debdale give a 10 guarantee.

Was the waterline definitely the full extent of the zinc and epoxy treatments? It seems odd to go through all the shot-blasting etc. involved only to leave a strip of bitumen blacking between the waterline and the gunwales. Was it definitely not zinc/epoxied up to the top rubbing strake? Debdale did ours up to the rubbing strake, that seemed to be their default approach.

Edited by Ewan123
  • Greenie 1

A year ago, almost to the day, I realised that at 75 pushing 76 my days of single handing a 55 nb were coming to an end. The final nail was having to get help to fit a new water pump (bmc 1.8) as I couldn't bend sufficiently to line up the fixing bolts. Already booked for blacking in the September, I decided to get a hull survey (£400) . That way I would know whether I was trying to sell a good boat or a sieve. (I'd had the boat 28 years from new.) Actually put it on the market at the end of November throwing a good hull survey in for luck with an asking price of £55,000 and an expectation/hope of £50,000 subject to survey. Quiet over Christmas/New Year with some views but no offers. Early Feb got an offer of £50,000 without survey. The rest is history.  

Edited by Slim
  • Greenie 1