Huddersfield Narrow Thoughts

Adam

Featured Posts

What are people's thoughts on how the Huddersfield Narrow is going to look in June, assuming normal weather? Quite fancy looping back across from Leeds, but routes south with more water exist!

I'm a fit single hander who's happy to avoid lock landings where possible, and my boat is a 57 footer with a standard draught and lots of practice grounding on the Rochdale! Don't mind booking the assistants if they're likely to be useful too.

29 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

What are people's thoughts on how the Huddersfield Narrow is going to look in June, assuming normal weather? Quite fancy looping back across from Leeds, but routes south with more water exist!

I'm a fit single hander who's happy to avoid lock landings where possible, and my boat is a 57 footer with a standard draught and lots of practice grounding on the Rochdale! Don't mind booking the assistants if they're likely to be useful too.

If it's open and in water and with no stoppages you should be fine -- but that's a lot of big ifs, as far as predicting what it'll actually be like in 2 months time you may as well use a crystal ball... 😉

Edited by IanD