New covers

Featured Posts

Advice and information would be greatly appreciated on this topic please. My trusty covers have come to the end of their life and I am looking for new ones. I had thought my mind was made up until a conversation this weekend and now I’ve changed my mind! I don’t want canvas ones because although they look wonderful when new they seem to age very poorly. I’ve seen a lot of mouldy ones! My old ones were a sort of thick PVC and lasted for about 25years so ideally I’d like to do the same again. Any recommendations? I’m based in London but could take a trip if needed. I also think id like a cratch but my gas locker in in the front - how do people manage this with a cratch board? A folding one?

I eagerly await peoples thoughts.

Thank you

Ah, I might know your boat. It has a brief front deck area, and access to the gas locker, immediately forward of that, in the front bow locker. I think a tubular cratch frame construction would offer full access, without a lot of dismantling. I would also go with the vinyl material, for better weather resistance, similar to the present material. 

The Protective Textiles co. at Kingston on Thames did mine about 7 years ago, excellent workmanship, brilliant price. Mine were done with a very good canvas looking product called Top Gun.  Still in perfect condition. They have a website.

57 minutes ago, SUIGENERIS said:

The Protective Textiles co. at Kingston on Thames did mine about 7 years ago, excellent workmanship, brilliant price. Mine were done with a very good canvas looking product called Top Gun.  Still in perfect condition. They have a website.

Oooh nice find 👍