Danfoss bd35 Fridgemaster wiring

Titan

Featured Posts

So,

Purchased a second hand fridge which keeps running. When I removed the cover to thermostat the wires were disconnected and at the motor there was a link wire installed to make compressor run constantly. Could any one advise how to wire correctly its a 2 wire thermostat. 

The light circuit is working, 4 colours coming to compressor are yel/green earth but no idea where to earth spade terminal and white/grey from thermostat . Brown feed to thermostat from + and blue negative. 

Confused 😕  

1 minute ago, Titan said:

So,

Purchased a second hand fridge which keeps running. When I removed the cover to thermostat the wires were disconnected and at the motor there was a link wire installed to make compressor run constantly. Could any one advise how to wire correctly its a 2 wire thermostat. 

The light circuit is working, 4 colours coming to compressor are yel/green earth but no idea where to earth spade terminal and white/grey from thermostat . Brown feed to thermostat from + and blue negative. 

Confused 😕  

Take the link out and connect the two wires from the thermostat, one into each of the terminals you removed the link from.

I doubt this will work though, because the link will probably have been added because the thermostat has failed and they bypassed it with the link. 

• Greenie 1

The thermostat should be wired between terminals "C" and "T" on the Danfoss control widget. "C" and "P" will be bridged together, possibly with a resistor to adjust the low-voltage cutout, and you shouldn't change that.

As MtB says the most likely reason is that the thermostat has failed, but they're cheap and easy to replace on most cabinets.

Edited by Francis Herne

2 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

As MtB says the most likely reason is that the thermostat has failed, but they're cheap and easy to replace on most cabinets.

I'd dispute that! 

When the stat failed on mine back in the summer, it was a Herculean task to identify it. None of the supposed universal thermostats fitted and I eventually found it just by looking at the photos of random fridge thermostats on the sites that had pictures. 

i think I spent about £100 on thermostats for it in the end, including the eventual correct one that actually fitted.

Can you advise if the thermostat is powered ? Brown live was taped up not connected, but I assumed this fed both the thermostat and light circuit ? If thermostat is just a switch rather than fed the only cables available to switch would be green/yellow earth & white to destination c&t.  

I do appreciate your help 

Folk's 

10 minutes ago, Titan said:

Can you advise if the thermostat is powered ? Brown live was taped up not connected, but I assumed this fed both the thermostat and light circuit ? If thermostat is just a switch rather than fed the only cables available to switch would be green/yellow earth & white to destination c&t.  

I do appreciate your help 

Folk's 

Good question. The wiring to mine was also combined with the light bulb wiring in the same case and I too had a wire with the end taped up in a most amateur way as you describe. 

I'm not on the boat now though so can't pull it out and do some measuring, sorry.