Replacing a broken Thetford C200.

aristorias

Featured Posts

My boat currently has a broken thetford c200 cassette loo which is too old to consider fixing. I have been looking for a replacement but they all seem intended for use in caravans and motor homes where the flush water is filled by opening a door outside the vehicle. There is a large pipe on the back of the loo to take the flush water.

I want to fill the new loo from the boats water tank instead can I just insert the hose from my water system into the aforementioned large pipe?

At the moment the broken loo is still screwed to the bathroom floor so I have not yet seen how it is connected inside.

Any help appreciated.

3 minutes ago, aristorias said:

My boat currently has a broken thetford c200 cassette loo which is too old to consider fixing. I have been looking for a replacement but they all seem intended for use in caravans and motor homes where the flush water is filled by opening a door outside the vehicle. There is a large pipe on the back of the loo to take the flush water.

I want to fill the new loo from the boats water tank instead can I just insert the hose from my water system into the aforementioned large pipe?

At the moment the broken loo is still screwed to the bathroom floor so I have not yet seen how it is connected inside.

Any help appreciated.

The C260 in our boat was connected directly to the cold water system on the boat, with an isolation valve. I think that's the most common way to do it on aboat,  though I've also seen it done in the way you describe.

Thetford generally do three versions of each of their models. One with an internal flush tank and two with no flush tank but with a pipe you connect to your water supply that flushes the toilet direct. I've illustrated the three types below.

ContentDownload?w=350&h=350&fit=clamp&auto=format&_hash=C223-S_main_image&s=4029562ea237dd1fa281a7b3d058120b ContentDownload?w=350&h=350&fit=clamp&auto=format&_hash=C223-CS%2Bholdingtank_copy_main&s=0bbcc2e9a4639f77dd14cba17747dd4cContentDownload?w=350&h=350&fit=clamp&auto=format&_hash=C224_main_image&s=2346f4907461d84efda784975b910ff2

The first is the C223-S, second C223-CS and third C223-CW.

The S and CS model don't have a flush tank and can be plumbed into your water supply, both have electric flush. The CW has a flush tank that has to be filled and a manual flushing lever. I imagine the C223-CS is probably the sort of thing you are after. 

Edited by booke23
  • Greenie 1