Red Diesel

RobinJ

Featured Posts

I was checking up to see if there had been any more news on the red diesel issue for leisure use, especially regarding the separation of use between heating and generation and propulsion.

There was a topic recently regarding electric propulsion and the requirement to generate power to charge the batteries.

If you have a system like this, does this measn you can claim back all the tax on your diesel, since it is all used to generate power?

I noted that stationary engines are exempt, but not marine engines, however if an engine is not used for propulsion, does this mean it is stationary even if it is transported around by boat?

I was checking up to see if there had been any more news on the red diesel issue for leisure use, especially regarding the separation of use between heating and generation and propulsion.

There was a topic recently regarding electric propulsion and the requirement to generate power to charge the batteries.

If you have a system like this, does this measn you can claim back all the tax on your diesel, since it is all used to generate power?

I noted that stationary engines are exempt, but not marine engines, however if an engine is not used for propulsion, does this mean it is stationary even if it is transported around by boat?

No and the 'electric inboard' licence discount doesn't apply, if you are charging your batteries with a generator. Of course if you charge your batteries from a shorebound generator...who knows?