Boating in France .

Shropie Lad

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

I applied for an Irish passport at the start of December last year.

The estimated issue date was 28th February. It still hasn't landed!

You can follow your application on their website and last week my application changed from 'veryifing documents' to 'application being processed'.

I applied online but sent them my father's and grandmother's birth certificates, my driving licence, a bank statement and council tax bill/

The person who took my photograph said the requirements for photos for Irish passports are different to those for UK passports.

I don't see myself travelling abroad in the near future but its my way of poking up two fingers to Farage and his fellow travellers.

Take that Nigel!

😛

ETA: I forgot to add my birth certificate to the list.

Did you check which year the passport would arrive? Seriously, my wife’s took months, and that was 3 years ago, I doubtful the system has got any faster.

4 hours ago, Dav and Pen said:

If you can cope with the 90 day rule or get a long term visa I think it would be best to buy the boat in the EU most likely the Nederlands where there are lots of cruisers and still small barges for sale. As they would be registered in the Nederlands this can be carried over and the VAT situation would be clear . Unless you brought it back to the UK when there could be a charge. 
we spent 18 years on the continent and enjoyed every moment. Moorings in France are available at very modest cost and we had a winter mooring for less than 400 euros. 

This i think is close to what i thought , It don`t make sense to take a narrow boat overseas the wrong sort of boat for european waterways, But it is nice to see so many helpfull replys But it also shows how many people Totaly fooled & lied to with total bull---- ! by the brexiteers.