MPPT query

Tony1

Featured Posts

11 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

You will have to make a data connection to each battery but it should work with the cable connected at one end with the batteries linked together.

Look for a setting/drop-down box in the software interface when they are all wired together.  You might also need to do a scan of some sort to let the software find all three modules.

Sorry I can't be more specific without having the connected software in front of me.

@peterboat might be able to help once he can stop telling you the software won't work on your laptop ...

You have to tell the software which module you want to talk to, you can rename them. 

As for software mine is an old one which only works on the windows Pro which it was designed for, Tony might have a newer version designed for newer computers?

See screenshot below 

Screenshot_20220311-000110_YouTube.jpg

Edited by peterboat

11 hours ago, Tony1 said:

Thanks, yes I'm planning to connect the laptop next time I do a nearly-full charge.

They've been charging a bit today but its only 15-20 amps from the solar, so not really enough to push their voltage up much at the moment. 

The batteries are connected up in a chain using their AMP type connectors, and I did expect that plugging the laptop cable to the last battery would allow to me to read them all, but it didnt work out. I had to connect the laptop cable to each battery in turn.

It'll be something I'm doing wrong no doubt, but tbh just being able to monitor at cell level is a huge improvement, so I'm more than happy with that at the moment. 

Why didn't you start the engine? That would have brought the voltage up?

14 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Why didn't you start the engine? That would have brought the voltage up?

I charged them to 100% to synchronise the BMVs a couple fo days ago, so I didnt want to do another full charge so soon, but I ended up turning the engine on and giving them another 100% charge to try out the active balancing.

But I didnt have enough time to finish it, and tbh I dont really want to run the engine for hours whilst the cells are balancing, so my thinking is to try another full charge in a few days using mostly solar, but next time I'll wait for them to balance. 

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Slow and Steady said:

Right click and run in legacy mode? You should even be able to run win95 programs like that.

I might try to get the latest software and load it onto this puter, however I dont bother much as the batteries were always well balanced and I went to the effort of doing proper top balancing when I first bought them