Bottom blacking

haggis

Featured Posts

Two years ago we had KELPIE  bottom blacked with two pack ( after a very high pressure wash ) in Northwich Dry Dock ( the cleanest driest dry dock we have ever seen ) . This is also one of the few places where you can get access to treat the bottom of the boat. 

We booked her in again this week to see how the last treatment had fared and also to check if  our hull had suffered from having live aboard boats connected  to shore power on both sides in our marina.

I am very pleased to report that there was absolutely no sign of rust or other nasties and our hull was in exactly the same condition as it had been before the last treatment which had obviously done its job. 

The boat is looking fantastic and we look forward to leaving the dry dock on Saturday, giving all  the paint time to dry and harden. 

I have taken a photo but I know it will be too big to post on here and I don't have anything on my phone to reduce the size. 

I am posting this as a while ago there was a thread on here which said that two pack only worked if the hull had been taken back to bare metal. Whatever Northwich Dry Dock uses proves that this is no necessarily the case.

Haggis