Isuzu Ignition Barrel

DuckOutOfWater

Featured Posts

I have an Isuzu control panel, similar to the picture below.

A while ago the ignition barrel had to be replaced and at short notice we were supplied with one that works but doesn’t fit the panel properly. It is awkward to use and twists if not held. We are therefore looking to identify the actual part to replace it. Does anyone know which ignition barrel it is likely to be?

The circular hole on the panel also has two cut grooves opposite one another to hold the ignition barrel in place.

Any help very much appreciated!

E1798BFF-37AD-4F56-A1F0-C6E714024B86.jpeg

Don't know about the OEM fod thd Isuzu switch. Do you still have the original old one?  If so take it to a motor factors or a proper auto electricians, put it on  the counter and ask for '"one of these".  Explain that if has to fit and be held by the original hole.

Whereabouts are you to?  Given a location someone may be able to suggest a suitable factor or auto electrician.

N

Thanks for the quick suggestion - currently near Harlow, but could access somewhere in that region and towards London quite easily.

There is a chance it was declared as junk and thrown away by my partner, as often seems to happen with my items, but I’m hoping I hid it well enough from her.

https://www.durite.co.uk/s/c/switches-and-indicators/ignition-switches/5-position-switch-26mm-diameter-panel-hole

or

https://hc-cargo.co.uk/catalog/p/180044--ignition-switch

This one will do the job, it has an extra terminal (58) that can be ignored in this application. (The extra terminal works with Vetus applications)

Edited by Eeyore

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for the help, I managed to source the correct part. Next challenge fitting it...

Can I just transfer the spades across to the equivalent number on the new terminal? When there are multiple spades for the same number, does it matter which terminal I choose? (I presume this may be due to different current levels/ amp rating?)

My main fear is burning out a starter motor.

9C17A9AF-66FF-47EC-9215-8388FDB2502D.jpeg

CC74AE9B-F2FE-40D8-AFAB-EABE72760435.jpeg