Vision plus 355 antenna

umpire111

Featured Posts

Have just had one of these fitted on my NB.i note there is only 1 radio out socket on amplifier, I assume this is for FM? The attached leaflet that came with the amp make no mention at all of DAB. Yet the vision advert clearly does

https://www.visionplus.co.uk/assets/pdfs/2019/ANTENNAS.pdf

further more I note that the leaflet says the antenna receives radio signals of between 88 and 108 MHz and between 470&790 MHz. DAB I think is between 175 and 240 MHz, have I missed something?

will this antenna be suitable for DAB ?

29 minutes ago, umpire111 said:

Have just had one of these fitted on my NB.i note there is only 1 radio out socket on amplifier, I assume this is for FM? The attached leaflet that came with the amp make no mention at all of DAB. Yet the vision advert clearly does

https://www.visionplus.co.uk/assets/pdfs/2019/ANTENNAS.pdf

further more I note that the leaflet says the antenna receives radio signals of between 88 and 108 MHz and between 470&790 MHz. DAB I think is between 175 and 240 MHz, have I missed something?

will this antenna be suitable for DAB ?

The radio output is suitable for both FM and DAB if the radio does both.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

That aerial may not suitable for UK DAB frequencies - did you choose it or the person who installed it.

The link provided covers several aerials which did you buy ?

The leaflet says it (one model) works between 175 and 230 so it should be OK

This should explain where UK frequencies fit in the band.

https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/audio-video/broadcast-audio/digital-radio-audio-broadcasting-dab-frequencies.php

Within the UK, the DAB multiplexes are being broadcast on channels 11B through to 12D inclusive.

11B 218.640
11C 220.352
11D 222.064
12A 223.936
12B 225.648
12C 227.360
12D 229.072
Edited by Alan de Enfield

Just now, The Happy Nomad said:

The radio output is suitable for both FM and DAB if the radio does both.

They can work better when set to vertical polorisation when using DAB.

The advert shown on my link to the Vision website days it is suitable? Furthermore how do I connect dab and fm out puts on the radio to the single out on the amp?

2 minutes ago, umpire111 said:

The advert shown on my link to the Vision website days it is suitable? Furthermore how do I connect dab and fm out puts on the radio to the single out on the amp?

Ah right. Your radio has two seperate inputs? DAB and FM??

If so you will need a splitter or just use one or the other.

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

That aerial may not suitable for UK DAB frequencies - did you choose it or the person who installed it.

The link provided covers several aerials which did you buy ?

The leaflet says it (one model) works between 175 and 230 so it should be OK

This should explain where UK frequencies fit in the band.

https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/audio-video/broadcast-audio/digital-radio-audio-broadcasting-dab-frequencies.php

Within the UK, the DAB multiplexes are being broadcast on channels 11B through to 12D inclusive.

11B 218.640
11C 220.352
11D 222.064
12A 223.936
12B 225.648
12C 227.360
12D 229.072

It’s the 355

It’s the 355

Arrrrr - that clears it up - the 355 only works on DAB if you use the auxiliary amplifier VP3.

Did you buy the VP3 ?

There are two models designed for permanently fitted installations, the STATUS 350 for UHF TV only utilising the VP2 amplifier. The STATUS 355 with FM and DAB radio capabilities via the VP3 Amplifier*

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Arrrrr - that clears it up - the 355 only works on DAB if you use the auxiliary amplifier VP3.

Did you buy the VP3 ?

There are two models designed for permanently fitted installations, the STATUS 350 for UHF TV only utilising the VP2 amplifier. The STATUS 355 with FM and DAB radio capabilities via the VP3 Amplifier*

Yes I have the vp3, where did u find that quote?

Yes I have the vp3, where did u find that quote?

It on the leaflet you linked to.

STATUS 350 & 355 Digital Antenna Systems
Launched in 1992 and still our most successful omni-directional antenna with its distinctive profile, high quality, powerful performance and versatility        ensures it remains the market favourite. Recent development of a new dipole array has further improved performance and reception whilst allowing us to lower the profile by deletion of the pinnacle. There are two models designed for permanently fitted installations, the STATUS 350 for UHF TV only utilising the VP2 amplifier. The STATUS 355 with FM and DAB radio capabilities via the VP3 Amplifier*
Designed for digital television signals & FM radio* reception Receives horizontal and vertical signals through 360 degrees Incorporates a power amplifier with variable gain adjustment Standard fitting options, roof or mast mount with optional sucker mount Angle adjustable, allowing level mounting on a sloping surface Easily removable antenna dome

Edited by Alan de Enfield

11 minutes ago, umpire111 said:

Thanks, missed that. Do you know where I can get the splitter from?

There will be some signal loss if you use one but Amazon/eBay sell them.

Preferable to use one that utilises f connectors rather than the push on type.

Eg something like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143622842379

Edited by The Happy Nomad