Empress

Heartland

Featured Posts

This image dates from 1978 and shows EMPRESS moored on the Trent & Mersey Canal.  I gather there has been a certain matter of identity regarding the history of this craft, where Emperor or Envoy may have been part of it. Another thread is that this craft may have been a Fellows Morton & Clayton steamer.

323012.jpg

2 hours ago, Heartland said:

This image dates from 1978 and shows EMPRESS moored on the Trent & Mersey Canal.  I gather there has been a certain matter of identity regarding the history of this craft, where Emperor or Envoy may have been part of it. Another thread is that this craft may have been a Fellows Morton & Clayton steamer.

The core of my interest / research revolves around 'historic' narrow boats and the boat photographed and commented on above has a known and secure history. Any confusion in its original identity lays with Ernest Thomas and enthusiasts who take things at face value, but fortunately the B.C.N. gauge registers hold the answers in this case as this boat still has its plates - and yes this is the former Fellows, Morton and Clayton Ltd. steamer EMPEROR :captain:

• Greenie 1