Halls Anchor

Simondrains

Featured Posts

Thanks Carl, but their Halls anchors are about right for a row boat, not the big lump I have in mind.

I tried phoning Piper boats today (who had a boat reviewed with just the thing hanging off the bows), but no answer. I'll keep trying them.

Any others?

Sorry just looked at the shape, not the weight.

Try:

Anchor clicky

They're in Holland and I'm sure there is a Brit supplier but I can't think who they are and my ship's monthlies are stashed under my son's bed.

Being as how your in Edinburgh, why not try the Scottish Boat Jumble in Irvine in 2 weeks time? They have more crap (good crap)there than you can shake a stick at. My pal John runs the show and has all sorts of contacts. If you phone him on 01294552416 he'l be pleased to help, might even give you a free ticket if you say Steve told me.... lol.

Other than that, I saw some in Viking Marina , Goole, the other day, but can't recall how big they were.

:cheers: Steve

Try the dutch barge association, lots of people have them on old barges. You are likely to find someone wanting to replace one with a modern anchor. I've used a 35kg Halls, and it really wasn't very good. You need a heck of a weight for them to work.

Thanks all.

Alastair - I must confess i'm going for the Halls for the (traditional) look of the thing, which goes against the grain a little. Form follows function is always a winner in my book. So for a decent self-stowing (stock-up-the-pipe) type anchor, what might you suggest? A Danforth or similar?